Collected Personal Data
We generally collect the following types of information (collectively, the “Personal Data”) through the provision of the Service:
- Personal information – We may collect certain personal information including, but not limited to, your name, address, email address, telephone numbers, contact information, land location and other similar information from which your identity is discernible;
- Location information – If you turn on the location settings, we may collect your device’s geolocation information and save your device’s coordinates to offer you certain features. We may also use the stored and real-time locations to personalize the Services to provide you with a better experience. If you switch off the location settings on your device, we may still determine your municipality, province, and country, based on your IP address or through cellular network triangulation (but not your exact location);
- Access and login information – We may record certain information regarding your access to the Service. These logs may include information such as your Personal Data, your interaction with the Service, internet protocol address and the date and time of your access to the Service.
Protection of Personal Data
We strive to protect your Personal Data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure using reasonable technical and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure. However, the use of such measures is not, and should not be considered to be, any type of guarantee or warranty by us that your Personal Data will not be accessed by third parties or that third parties will never be able to defeat those measures or use your personal information for improper purposes. Further, we contract with a third party for data processing and data storage purposes and are not responsible for their actions or inaction.
Collection, Use and Sharing of Personal Data
We collect and use your Personal Data to:
- Set up your user account to access the Service;
- Market products to you (whether directly or through a dealer); and
- Provide the Service to you.
- We have your consent, which is given verbally, in writing, online through check-boxes or other means directly from you;
- We provide such information to our subsidiaries, affiliated companies or other trusted businesses, service providers or persons performing functions and providing services on our behalf. Such third parties will have access to your personal information as necessary to perform their functions but will be contractually governed through signed contracts and agreements and may not share that information with any other party. These agreements will obligate the other party to use, at minimum, the same standards for securing your Personal Information that we use; and
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such personal information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request; (b) enforce applicable terms of service, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Vaderstad, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
Your Personal Data may be shared, stored or accessed in Canada or other jurisdictions or countries where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction. Your personal information may be disclosed in response to valid demands or requests from governments, regulators, courts and law enforcement authorities in those jurisdictions or countries.
If you are located outside Canada and choose to provide information to us, please note that we may transfer the information, including Personal Data, to Canada for processing and use.
You may withdraw your consent at any time upon reasonable notice, subject to legal, regulatory or contractual requirements. Please note that withdrawing your consent may affect our ability to continue to provide you with the Service or certain functions within the Service that you have or would like to receive and which may be of value to you. To withdraw or change your consent, you may contact us or following the unsubscribe instructions in any message/communication at the address or telephone number listed at the end of this Policy.
Updating and Removal of Personal Data
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. You may review, correct, update or change your account profile information at any time by simply logging into your account, going to your account profile, and editing it with the options provided.
You may also: (i) remove your account and information from our system; or (ii) elect to no longer receive services from us. If you wish to remove your account and/or personal information from our system, or elect to no longer receive services from us, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain your Personal Data for the time it is required to meet the purposes set out above and for a reasonable length of time thereafter or to otherwise meet legal or regulatory requirements. Once your Personal Data is no longer required for such purposes, it will be destroyed, deleted or made anonymous.
Cookies and Online Tracking Technology
Using cookies and other tracking technologies provides benefits to you, such as allowing you to maintain your account login information or contact information and other key elements relating to the Service between visits. In addition, we use information gathered from cookies to autofill fields on forms relating to the Service. This information can be corrected by you before submitting any form or inquiry or you can disable the cookie as discussed below and the information will not be collected.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service. Please refer to your browser Help instructions to learn more about cookies and other technologies and how to manage their use. If you elect to refuse or delete cookies, you will need to repeat this process if you use another computer, or change browsers. If you choose to decline cookies, some of the functionality of our Service may be impaired.
Links To Third Party Websites
Anti-Spam Legislation Consents
In order to receive electronic communications from us relating to the Service or other services offered by Vaderstad, you will be required to provide us with consent to received electronic communications.. We will make reasonable efforts to obtain express written consent to the delivery of electronic communications. However, in certain circumstnaces, such as if you communicate first with us, we will rely upon implied consent to send return commercial electronic messages.
If you do not wish to receive electronic messages from us or wish to discontinue receiving electronic messages from us in the future, please contact us using the contact information provided below.
We do not target or knowingly collect Personal Data from children under the age of majority. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Vaderstad Industries Inc.
Phone: 306-538-2221 ext. 2368
Toll Free: 800-667-4295