Scope and purpose
This policy applies to the processing of personal data for the purposes described below at Väderstad AB ("Väderstad", "we", "our" or "us") and addresses where you work with or represent one of our customers (and in that role, contact us), to those of you who visit our website or use our apps and to those of you who use a Väderstad machine. Different parts of this policy will therefore be applicable and relevant to you, depending on your relationship with us and how you communicate with us. The purpose of this policy is to inform you and create an understanding of:
- The circumstances under which we collect and process personal data
- The types of personal data we collect
- The reasons why we collect personal data
- For what purposes, we process personal data
- How we distribute responsibility for the processing of personal data between various legal entities within the Väderstad Group, where Väderstad AB is one company, and
- Contact details so you can request more information or exercise your rights in relation to our processing of your personal data.
Responsibility for personal data at Väderstad
Väderstad AB has the overall responsibility for the operations carried out in the companies that are part of Väderstad Group and Väderstad AB exercises a dominant influence on the other companies in the Group. For this reason, other companies have a legitimate interest in transferring personal data to Väderstad AB for internal administrative purposes. If a national sales company, or another company in the Väderstad Group, transfers data to Väderstad AB for these purposes, the companies thereby have a common responsibility for the personal data in these areas and have secured an arrangement for processing that meets the requirements of the applicable data protection regulations.
Väderstad is the Data Controller in conjunction with the development of new and current machines, in addition to certain global services offered to customers. Furthermore, Väderstad is also the Data Controller for the processing of personal data that is processed to monitor the quality of machines and to implement any safety recalls, and for the fulfilment of regulatory requirements.
Each national sales company within Väderstad is generally responsible for the market and therefore is responsible for marketing, sales, and customer relations, in addition to marketspecific services on each respective market. For this reason, the national sales company is also the Data Controller for the processing of personal data that is performed for these purposes. In markets where we do not have a national sales company, an importer will usually have the same responsibility as a national sales company. In these circumstances, the importer is therefore the Data Controller. If you have any questions about how your reseller processes your personal data, contact the reseller directly.
- "Data Controller" refers to a natural or legal person, public authority, institution, or any other body which, either alone or in collaboration with others, determines the purposes and means for the processing of personal data.
- "Personal Data" refers to all information concerning an identified or identifiable natural living person (the "Data Subject"). An identifiable natural person is a person who can be identified, either directly or indirectly.
- "Processing" refers to any action or combination of actions concerning personal data or sets of personal data, regardless as to whether these actions are carried out automatically or not, such as collection, registration, organisation, structuring, storage, preparation or editing, production, reading, use, submission via transfer, dissemination or provision in any other way, adjustment or collation, limitation, deletion, or destruction.
General description of data processing
Processing personal data plays an important part in our provision of products and services to our customers. We always strive to protect personal privacy while increasing the value for customers and offering improved machine performance and machine quality.
Väderstad will only process customer’s personal data if it is relevant and necessary in relation to the purpose for which it was collected. We will depersonalise your personal data where possible, where a function or service can be performed using anonymous data.
Väderstad believes in being open and transparent when it comes to the personal data we process and for what purposes. For us, it is also important that we act to protect your personal data, and we do this using both technical and organisational measures to meet the requirements set out in the General Data Protection Regulation and, where applicable, other data protection regulations.
It is Väderstad’s policy to follow applicable laws, regulations and provisions governing data protection in all the countries where we operate. If necessary, we adjust our processing of your personal data, with respect to the provisions in this policy to ensure that we comply with all legal requirements.
Collection of personal and machine data
We collect your personal data in the form of names and contact details from your employer / client in connection with the business relationship between us and your employer / client or from you, when you provide this to us in the context of our business relationship. You can also provide us with information about you or your employer / contractor's machine when using Väderstad services or in other contacts with Väderstad, for example via our website or customer portal. Such information may be:
- Your contact information (name, address, phone number, e-mail address, etc.)
- Demographic data (age, title, household composition, etc.)
- Machine data (machine serial number, machine model, tractor size, farm size, crops, date of purchase, service history, etc.)
- Data related to your purchase and use of our products and services (customer preferences and settings, purchase history, etc.).
It is not a requirement that you disclose your personal information to us. However, if we cannot process your personal information, we will not be able to enter into a contract and subsequently complete our agreement (or only be able to do so with some delay) and administer the contractual relationship with you or the company that you represent / are the contact for.
Machine recorded data
Our machines collect data related to the machine and its surroundings, which is of a technical nature and not directly related to a physical person. Such data ("Machine-recorded Data") is often connected to the machine’s serial number and, for this reason, can be traced back to the person using the machine. Examples of machine-recorded data can include:
- Status of system functions (for steering, braking, etc.)
- Driving data (vehicle speed, etc.)
- Location data (machine position).
The use of machine-recorded data may be necessary when (i) enabling our technicians to diagnose and remedy errors during machine service and maintenance, (ii) Väderstad’s product development, e.g. improvements to machine quality and safety functions, (iii) managing Väderstad’s warranty commitments.
App related personal data etc
When you download, or register to use one of our apps, you will send personal data to us, such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number and any other registration details.
Why do we process personal information about you?
We process your personal data to:
- Deliver products and services to our customer, and to check that the customer is entitled to certain purchases and services, and to offer extended offers and experiences.
- Store invoices and other financial information containing your personal data, in accordance with the Accounting Act, for seven years from the calendar year in which the certificate was posted.
- To save agreements that expire, which contain your personal information, for up to 10 years due to current regulations for limitation periods.
- To inform you about news in our business or product updates and the like for as long as you or the company you represent has a business relationship with us and for a certain time thereafter or for as long as you explicitly consent. You can always unsubscribe at any time from such mailings from us. If you unsubscribe, we will immediately cease our processing of your personal data.
- To analyse our customer base to provide our customers with updated, relevant, and improved offers, which is stored for as long as your business relationship lasts and for a certain time thereafter or for as long as you explicitly consent.
For most of the purposes above, processing of your personal data is based on a balance of interests, namely when:
- The processing is necessary to fulfil our legitimate interest in fulfilling our commitments under an agreement with our customer, including the fulfilment of support, service, and warranty commitments, etc.,
- The processing is necessary to fulfil our legitimate interest in informing our customers about news in our business, through you and other contact persons,
- The processing is necessary to meet our legitimate interest in developing our products, services, and communications,
- The processing is necessary to meet our legitimate interest in analysing our customer base in order to provide our customers with updated, relevant, and improved offers,
- The processing is necessary to meet our legitimate interest in maintaining, testing, and improving our website, and
- The processing is necessary to meet our and your right to communicate with you when you contact us.
In other cases, processing of your personal data may be necessary in order for us to fulfil our obligations and obligations under applicable law or, if you have consented to it, processed to fulfil the purpose for which you have provided consent.
If you are an individual businessperson, we process your personal information as necessary to fulfil our agreement or to take any action that you request before entering into an agreement.
For some parts of our processing of your personal data, your consent may be necessary. Consent is always voluntary, and you are always entitled to withdraw a prior consent in whole or in part, for example by completing a particular service or contacting Väderstad at the address specified in the "Contact Information and Data Coordinator" section below. Furthermore, see for revocation of consent under the heading "Your rights as registered".
Balance of interest
As we described above, we process your personal information, in some cases, based on our legitimate interest (i.e., a so-called balance of interests). A balance of interests is one of several legal grounds for processing personal data according to the applicable data protection regulations.
If you have any questions or would like to know more about how we balanced these interests, please feel free to contact us.
Additional information about purpose
Where it is reasonably practical, or required by applicable law, we provide you during the collection or registration of your personal data, with (i) specific information about the purpose of processing your personal data, (ii) the identity of the person responsible, and (iii) other information that may be necessary to ensure that our customers, including you, are able to monitor your rights. For example, the above information may be provided when you buy a machine, customer portal or app, on www.vaderstad.com or otherwise in a contract that you, or the company or organisation you represent, signs with Väderstad.
Handling and storage of personal data
As stated above in this policy, Väderstad handles personal data for different purposes. This means that the same personal data can be processed for different purposes, supported by both a balance of interests and with your consent, for example.
In certain cases, you may terminate our use of your personal data by updating your preferences, terminating a certain service, or withdrawing your consent to data processing by contacting Väderstad at the address given in the "Contact Information and Data Protection Coordinator" section below, or through another channel we have communicated to you.
We delete your personal data when it is no longer necessary for our business. Personal data we process for the purpose of fulfilling our agreement with you / the customer for whom you are the contact person is managed based on the time it is necessary for us to administer the contractual relationship, exercise our rights and fulfil our commitments to you / the supplier for whom you are the contact person and, in which case, even the end of the liability periods, for example, for Väderstad's sales of machinery, spare parts, accessories or distribution of apps, etc.
Invoices and other financial information containing your personal data are stored, in accordance with the Accounting Act, for seven years from the calendar year in which the certificate was posted.
Agreements that expire, which contain your personal information, may be saved for up to 10 years due to current regulations regarding limitation periods.
Personal data for informing you about news in our business or product updates and the like is processed for as long as you or the company you represent has a business relationship with us and for a certain time thereafter or for as long as you explicitly consent. You can always unsubscribe at any time from such mailings from us. If you unsubscribe, we will immediately cease our processing of your personal information.
Personal data we process to analyse our customer base to provide our customers with updated, relevant, and improved offers is stored for as long as your business relationship lasts and for a certain time thereafter or for as long as you explicitly consent.
Transfer of personal data
Väderstad may transfer your personal data to third parties, including recipients in countries outside the EU and EEA. When such transfers take place, we take special safeguards to ensure an adequate level of protection of your personal data, which may mean, for example, that we sign agreements that include the standardised data transfer clauses adopted by the EU Commission.
Väderstad may share your personal data with the following categories of receivers
- Between companies within the Väderstad group.
- With Väderstad’s authorised resellers in the area or country where you or the company are located with the purpose of distributing product and service offers or other messages to you.
- In conjunction with the sale of a Väderstad company or its assets.
- To courts and governments, in accordance with legal requirements; i.e. when requested by a public authority, in connection with a dispute resolution process or another legal process or request.
- When we consider in good faith that it is necessary to share such data to protect our rights; e.g. to investigate potential breaches of our terms or to detect, prevent or reveal fraudulent activity or other security issues.
- With our partners and other third parties in cases where you have chosen to accept services provided by them or given them authorisation to request personal data from Väderstad.
- With our product and service providers who work on our behalf; e.g. suppliers of wireless services, companies that manage and operate our websites, send communications, undertake data analyses, manage credit card processes, or with systems suppliers who are necessary to process, store or manage credit card details or other types of financial information.
We limit access to your personal data to Väderstad employees and suppliers who need to use the information to process it on our behalf, and who are required to maintain your personal data secure and confidential in accordance with the law. We endeavour to select options for data processing services that best protect the privacy of your personal data in association with third parties.
Websites and cookies
In general, you can visit Väderstad’s websites without providing any details about who you are and without revealing any information about yourself.
Our services are not intended to be used by children. We do not knowingly request or collect any personal data about children under the age of 18 and we do not target any marketing content at them. If a child has provided us with personal data, then a parent or guardian of the child can contact us to have the data deleted from our register. Please contact us if you believe that we have collected information about a child under the age of 18. If we become aware that we have inadvertently collected personal data from a child under the age of 18, or an equivalent minimum age in the jurisdiction concerned, we take measures to delete such information as quickly as possible.
Your rights as registered
You have certain rights regarding the processing of your personal information, see below. To exercise your rights, please contact us (see contact details below).
Right to withdraw your consent and object to processing. You may revoke all or part of the agreed consent at any time, with effect from the revocation. You may object to your data being processed for marketing purposes. We will then stop processing your information.
Right to access. You are entitled to know about the personal data relating to you that is being processed by us as well as to access information about how the data is processed. You are also entitled to receive a copy of the personal data processed by us.
Right to rectification. You are entitled to receive incorrect information without any unnecessary delay and to ask us to complete any incomplete information by providing us with correct information.
If you have a user account at Väderstad Consumer Portal (or similar service in your local market), you can also correct and update your information there.
Right to delete (the right to be forgotten) and restriction. You may, under certain conditions, request the deletion of your personal information, for instance, if the processing is no longer relevant to the purpose for which the data was collected. You may also request that certain processing of your data be limited, for instance, if you oppose the accuracy of the data.
Right to data portability. If you have given your consent to a particular treatment, you are entitled to obtain the personal data relating to you that you have submitted to us for this purpose in a structured, widely used, and machine-readable, format and you have the right to transfer the data to another personally responsible person or get our help transferring the data to another personal data controller when this is technically possible.
Right to lodge a complaint. If you have any complaints regarding our processing of your personal information, you have the right to file a complaint to The Swedish Data Protection Authority, “Datainspektionen” (www.datainspektionen.se).
Exercising your rights regarding the processing of your personal information is free. However, if you would make an obviously unfounded request, we may charge a fee that covers our administrative costs to meet your request.
Contact Information and Data Protection Coordinator
To exercise your rights (e.g. obtain information or access to your personal data that we process), please contact the Data Protection Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org
SE-590 21 Väderstad; write "Dataskyddssamordnare" on the envelope.
You can also contact your local data protection authority, which, in Sweden, is the Swedish Data Protection Authority.
Changes to this policy
Väderstad reserves the right to update or amend this policy at any time. If we make significant changes to the text, we will publish a new version on our site at least 30 days before the changes come into force.
Last updated: 24/05/2018